Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Vast Unknown

aka Life After College

Life after college has given me anxiety multiple times, whenever:
  • I thought about it while I was in college
  • I thought about it after I attended my last class and sat on my bed cleaning out my backpack
  • I thought about it while sitting at my graduation
  • I thought about it while looking for a job
I had no idea what I was going to do, I still don't. Mostly. I knew I wanted to write but that doesn't exactly pay the bills, or any bill actually. I got a degree in creative writing, which I absolutely love, and I'm happy I did it because I don't think I would have finished with any other degree. But ya know...now what?

I know I definitely want to put together a book of my writing, so I'm currently planning what exactly I want that to consist of. Poetry is my jam, and I also really like nonfiction, so I'm leaning toward a collection sort of thing of poems and journal entries. I also restarted my blog, this time on blogger because it feels more personal than wordpress. I actually started using blogger back in 2014 or 2015, then I went to wordpress, then I just stopped blogging altogether, now here I am, back again! 

I can't wait to share pieces of my life with you-with whoever will listen-or in this case, read. I guess that's the writer part in me-the part that wants to write different pieces and share it with the world, the me that wants to write about my unique experiences. Everyone has unique experiences, that's part of what makes us...us. No two people are the same, and we all have stories to share.

It's been a few months since I last attended class, and my worries and anxieties have settled a little, but they are still there. There's still that part of me that's scared because I was finally thrust into the vast unknown-adulthood. I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by people who love me. People who are helping me through this tough transition in my life.

Thank you for listening, for reading my worries and about my experiences. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment